So if you’re thinking about trying a triathlon, you may be thinking “Oh, I need to get fitter first.” If that’s you, try and think of it as the other way around – a race can be the perfect way to get fit!
You’ll be out there with other like-minded athletes of all abilities in a safe and enjoyable environment, and best of all you’ll have a clock to beat.
Take the ‘get-fit-before-getting-out-there‘ path, and you could be procrastinating forever!
Please be aware that as of now, all new members of CCTRI are also required to become members of Triathlon NSW.
What do you get for your money from Triathlon NSW?
– public liability insurance while racing AND training. Did you know if you caused an accident, hit a pedestrian etc, you can be held publicly liable for hundreds of thousands potentially? TriNSW provides cover for this.
– personal accident insurance. You should read the policy yourself for further information, as there are many variables as to what is and is not covered. Details can be found here:
– cheaper CCTRI race entry fees, save $5 or $10 per race, depending on distance
– cheaper entry to external races, e.g Ironman, Sparke Helmore, Women’s Pink Triathlon, 70.3 races – any race where you would normally have to buy a one day license
– priority entry to many national sell out events
|Senior (20+)||TriNSW – $130 CCTRI – $35.00|
|Junior (19 and Under)||TriNSW – $60 CCTRI – $15.00|
|Family* – TBC!!!!||TriNSW – $TBC CCTRI – $TBC|
|Associate (non racing)||TriNSW – $5 CCTRI – $10.00|
* Family membership consists of two parents plus any children from the same family
To race at any Central Coast Triathlon Club races, you must be a club member and can also be a member of TriNSW. Our races right now, such as the Summerland Point Triathlon and Duathlon, are only open to club members and do not allow visitors due to race spots being limited and in such high demand.
Club membership runs financial yearly – starting 01 July and finishing 30 June the following year but you can join anytime across the year.
New and renewing membership applications are handled through our online registration facility. We do not always have the facilities to join new members at the venues on race day so please avoid disappointment and sign up online.