CCTRI has received grant funding to purchase a “LOAN BIKE” from Wyong Shire Council.
This bike is for beginners who would like to try a triathlon or duathlon race using a proper race bike.
The club therefore used the grant to purchase a good quality race bike for that purpose.
The bike is a CANNONDALE CAAD8 S8 with a 51cm frame size.
This size bike can be adjusted to suit most young (new) members of the club by seat adjustments only.
It would generally suit a 10 to 18 year old girl or boy, or a young adult.
SO TRY IT OUT!
To borrow the bike, please contact Rob Hekking by the Thursday before each race date, where pick-up can be arranged. Contact Rob on:
|LOAN BIKE AGREEMENT:
To be allowed to borrow the “loan bike” the borrower must comply with the following conditions.
- Must be a current financial member of the club.
- Must be a beginner triathlete (or duathlete) who would like to try a race bike in a CCTRI Club race.
- Must book the bike via the club Secretary and arrange for collection at a mutually convenient date and time about 2 days before the bike will be used.
- May use the bike for practice before the race date.
- Must return the bike cleaned and in the same condition within 2 days after the race (usually Tuesday afternoon) as arranged with the club Secretary.
- May have borrowed the bike no more than once before.
The returned bike must:
- Have damaged or unsafe tyres replaced,
- Have pumped up tyres, damaged tubes must be repaired before return,
- Not have any damage; if the bike has been damaged the borrower must pay for repairs done by Central Coast Cycles, Killarney Vale.
- Have all accessories including the cycle computer, the drink cage and the toe-straps intact.
THE BORROWER MUST AGREE TO SIGN THE ATTACHED WAIVER AGREEMENT.